A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Need to correct a mistake made on forms

  • nzdivorcee
  • nzdivorcee's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
28 Sep 12 #358310 by nzdivorcee
Topic started by nzdivorcee

I am currently the Petitioner in a DIY divorce application in England. I was at the stage of applying for the Decree Nisi and sent in my statement in support of divorce - unreasonable behaviour.

This has been sent back with the note:
''Please note that the District Judge having considered the evidence filed, is not satisfied that the Petitioner is entitled to the decree sought, because:
1. The statement in support must refer tot he Acknowledgment of Service and produce it marked A to identify respondent''s signature.

The Petitioner should deal with the above matters and renew the request for Directions for trial.''

I see that I originally misread the part in the ''statement in support of divorce'' where I need to identify my ex-husband''s signature in his Acknowledgement of Service.

Is there anything else, or anything special I need to do other than complete this section I missed and send it back? Do I need to cross out and update the original date at the end of the form, use a different colour pen, pay more or anything like that?

I would greatly appreciate guidance from anyone who knows exactly what I should do.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Much appreciated,

  • Serendipity100
  • Serendipity100's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
28 Sep 12 #358323 by Serendipity100
Reply from Serendipity100
I do not know ''excatly'' what you should do, but no need for the red ink! That''s just for amendments. Think you simply missed sending back AOS. Suggest you do this asap, but this is just my himble opinion. Other more knowledgeble wikis will be along soon, I am sure.:)

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.