A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Filing for divorce

  • welshfish
  • welshfish's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
14 Oct 12 #360966 by welshfish
Topic started by welshfish
my ex and i got married abroad 2 years ago but before the wedding i told her that i no longer wanted to be with her and she managed to persuade me to go through with it ''for our families sake''. I said i would because everyone had paid so much to go abroad for the wedding. The day we arrived back in the uk i couldn''t lie anymore and left. We have not seen each other since this and have only had contact through e-mails to arrange collection of my things and to discuss the divorce. She wouldn''t apply for the divorce so i decided to wait for the two year mark to arrive so that i can apply by picking the
"The Respondent has deserted the Petitioner for a continuous period of at least two years immediately preceding the presentation of this petition"
reason. The only problem is now i dont know what to put as the "Statement of case". Would appreciate some help!! Thank you

  • welshfish
  • welshfish's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
14 Oct 12 #360971 by welshfish
Reply from welshfish
Just to confirm i put in the wrong reason!! i will be applying through this reason:
The parties to the marriage/civil partnership have lived apart for a continuous period of at least two years immediately preceding the presentation of the Petition and the Respondent consents to a decree/order being granted

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
14 Oct 12 #360983 by dukey
Reply from dukey
You can''t apply based on your desertion, nor can you rely on wording in D8, you need to write the statement of case S6, if its two years separation by consent then fine, write it.

Are you sure your ok with the forms?, make sure you get the first one right or it gets sticky, not so bad after but make sure the first one is correct, if your unsure call the wiki line or ask a clerk in court to check it.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.