A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020
Mon/Fri 9am-8pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-8pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Divorce after 11 years

  • 0:
  •  0:'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
4 years 7 months ago #474739 by 0:
Divorce after 11 years was created by 0:

My marriage took place abroad and we came to England with my English husband.

After I became pregnant his behaviour has changed and he was adamant for me to go back to my home country.

I refused to give in and stayed here despite all his efforts to make our lives ( my 8 year old son and his unborn child) impossible.
Now our daughter is 10 and my son is 21 and I want to get a divorce in the UK.
Unfortunately, I have no idea where he is because I do not have any contact with him.
It should be straight forward.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • LittleMrMike
  • LittleMrMike's Avatar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
4 years 7 months ago #474889 by LittleMrMike
Replied by LittleMrMike on topic Re:Divorce after 11 years
Unfortunately for you, you would need to take steps to trace your husband''s whereabouts.

This can sometimes be indirect ( e.g. through friends family or employers ) but the courts quite reasonably want to be sure that
if your husband is to be divorced he should at least know about it.

You would have to apply for directions from the Court as to what steps should be taken to trace your husband. This may require legal advice at some stage.


Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11