I have had one meeting with a solicitor, after which he wrote me a letter with the 'intended purpose to assist in direct negotiations with husband'
I now plan to act for myself. I have done ALOT of reading and research, pulled together all of the necessary financial information etc and given long and hard thought to my current and future financial needs, whilst almost bearing in mind those of my husband
I have now put together a fairly detailed Financial Proposal, which I think is fair and reasonable.
My husband has his first meeting with his solicitor on Monday.
So my question is: What do you think my next step should be? - Should I give this proposal to my husband to take to his solicitor to review? Or should I wait for a proposal from my husband first?
No, we haven't exchanged financial details yet, although I have shown him a list of my monthly outgoings.
We've always had a joint account (until separation) and I have by and large, always run the finances, so I'm pretty sure I have the full picture.
Nevertheless, I would like us both to complete the Form E. I have already started mine.
My concern is that he has appointed, quite by chance the solicitor who I now know to have the reputation of the being best family solicitor in town, and who is also known to be 'bullish'
Given that I no longer have much confidence in my own solicitor, I therefore thought I might be best off representing myself.
I'm dithering between giving my ex my proposal tomorrow morning, so that he can take it to his solicitor who I hope will at least let him know that I'm in the right ball park OR waiting for him to make a proposal, and then make a counter offer.
Another thing I'm considering is using the Wiki service via Bretherton's (£199) to review my proposal. If they deem it to be fair, then it will hopefully add some weight to it. Do you think this might be a good idea?