A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Worried about starting proceedings

  • Rapter6
  • Rapter6's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
23 Apr 18 #500908 by Rapter6
Topic started by Rapter6
I have all the forms printed and ready to go and my wife has said she'll agree as long as I pay all fees. I'm happy to pay to get away from her but I'm scared she'll get the papers and go back on her word and I'll lose my £550, I've had to save hard for that money and she knows I don't have any more.

  • FlorusBelisle
  • FlorusBelisle's Avatar
  • New Member
  • New Member
28 Apr 18 #501186 by FlorusBelisle
Reply from FlorusBelisle
As your wife said that she is agree you have to trust her is the best option is to get the lawyer involve in all the proceedings who will handle all the legal work and your wife will also not change on time as it would be legal procedure.

  • TRT
  • TRT's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
22 May 18 #501778 by TRT
Reply from TRT
For the ending of the marriage, she's unlikely to be able to cost you any more by being vindictive or anything. The financial resolution, however, she could easily blow up to monstrous expenses just accidentally. My advice is to correspond by email or text and print those out with dates and times. If she's negotiating a settlement, then it'll be easier to prove that the amount she asks for is the amount she's getting.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11