A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Name change

  • Apple2018
  • Apple2018's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
27 Apr 18 #501162 by Apple2018
Topic started by Apple2018
Today I received my petition. However I changed my name by Deed Poll last year to my Maiden Name and the petition is in my married name.
What should I do I am a respondent and not paying any costs will the divorce override the change of name Deed Poll?

Any help gratefully received

  • WYSPECIAL's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
28 Apr 18 #501173 by WYSPECIAL
Reply from WYSPECIAL
Is your ex aware that you have changed your name?

You can ask them to correct it or let the court know that it is incorrect.

Getting divorced doesn't change your name so it won't override your Deed Poll.

  • Apple2018
  • Apple2018's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
28 Apr 18 #501174 by Apple2018
Reply from Apple2018
I havent directly told him so I assume not as we don't talk

So if I when completing the acknowledgement I also put a letter stating my name change and copy of the deed?


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11