A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Help on unreasonable behaviour on form D8

  • DrPepper
  • DrPepper's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
08 Jan 19 #505600 by DrPepper
Topic started by DrPepper
Hi all, i'm a little stuck on this bit. The side notes say: Behaviour cannot be used if you lived together as a couple for a period, or periods, totalling more than 6 months after the date of last incident you want to rely on as evidence.

The situation was that we lived together for over 2 years when in fact the marriage was over. We didn't have a sexual relationship but did still sleep in the same bed (we have a v. small house and the 2nd bedroom was used for storage & other things). There were lots of reasons for unreasonable behaviour. My husband was sectioned as he was psychotic and later diagnosed as Bi Polar, this led to situations such as alcohol abuse, sitting up till early hours of morning watching politics, singing along to music and keeping me awake when I had work in the morning, in bed for most of the day because of previous nights antics, not going out of the house at all (not working) all my social life was with friends and never with him, and also he went from being an athiest to a born again christian, I do not share his views.
My question is, as there wasn’t actually one set incident that ended the marriage it was an accumulation of incidents, how do I provide correct info as a case for divorce?

Apoogies for long post :unsure:

  • rubytuesday
  • rubytuesday's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
09 Jan 19 #505615 by rubytuesday
Reply from rubytuesday
You would need to cite 5 different incidences/examples that occured during the last 6 months you having lived together as a married couple when writing your statement of case.

If you need help with writing the petition, etc, call the helpline on 01202805020.

  • DrPepper
  • DrPepper's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
09 Jan 19 #505616 by DrPepper
Reply from DrPepper
thank you

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11