A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Some questions for Form D8 before I send off

  • DrPepper
  • DrPepper's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
11 Jan 19 #505677 by DrPepper
Topic started by DrPepper
Hi, i just need to clarify a few things.

Firstly, I have two marriage certificates I expect that is one each for us as they are the same but different numbers on top right, do I send both of these with the form?

I have changed my middle name by deedpole after the marriage, I know i need to enclose the original form but how do I get it back? I know I won't get the marriage certificates back but it doesn't say anything about enclosing an SAE to get any other forms back.

with regards to the D8 itself:

On section 7.2 where you give reasons, can I just enclose a typed separate sheet, the box isn't very big to put everything in and I would rather type it out?

Section 10 (dividing your money & property)

10.1 asks if you want to apply for a financial order, im a little confused here. We do agree on dividing everything up but I thought that would be covered before the absolute by getting a solicitor to draw up a Consent Order?

Lastly, is the fee £550 to send?

thanks in advance

  • Under60
  • Under60's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
11 Jan 19 #505678 by Under60
Reply from Under60
I know one of your answers!
It is £550 fee.

  • DrPepper
  • DrPepper's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
11 Jan 19 #505680 by DrPepper
Reply from DrPepper
ha ha thanks :-)

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.