A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Ex has turned down mediation

  • Nick 82
  • Nick 82's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
18 Apr 09 #108603 by Nick 82
Reply from Nick 82
Thanks for your reply, i do believe, speaking to my solicitor aswell that mediation have already informed my solicitor that my ex wife is refusing mediation, i really don't understand why she's refusing, i was hoping to sort this all out without going through the courts, my ex is making my life a misery at the moment, only allowing me to see my 14 month old daughter every sunday for 3 hours, i'm hoping to get every other weekend. My solicitor has now said we can make an application to the court..Although i want all this sorted i'm just a little concerned about the costs.


  • Elle
  • Elle's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
18 Apr 09 #108621 by Elle
Reply from Elle

I do so hope you get your wish as it is expensive and ugly if forced to go through the Courts. Unfortunately if one party is immoveable re cooperation...the other has little choice...in my case I didnt have the choice of walking away as I could not raise 50k to pay the fees my X had acquired...I did however use payg as legal aid is a loan.

Elle x

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11