A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • englishrose48
  • englishrose48's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
02 Sep 09 #143183 by englishrose48
Topic started by englishrose48
hi i am a newbie on here last year i went to mediation we agreed to split the house 57 to me 43 for him as i have his child to look after i agreed not to ask for any of his pension and although i wanted to stop in my house till our child was out of full time education i agreed under my husbands pressure to sell it sept, which i have already done but now hes moving the goal post says he wants half i have stuck to the deal he hasnt so i am tempted not to stick to my agreement to sell the house and take it off the market, his reasons for the change of heart is my boyfriend has moved in,i changed the lock because my ex broke it, and i dared to replace the settee without his consent!!my ex is living with another woman in her flat but he doesnt want to see me having a life, his girlfriend smokes heavily and my daughter goes there fortnightly hes ingnored my pleas to ask her to smoke outside the flat as its hers and not his, have i any rights in all of this? i have just applied for a divorce but i am being held up with the fact that he wants more of the house. please help!!

  • Ephelia
  • Ephelia's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
02 Sep 09 #143184 by Ephelia
Reply from Ephelia
What you agreed in mediation was clearly not signed up as a binding Consent Order if you haven't applied for the divorce yet, so nothing you agreed is legally binding. I suggest you should seek legal advice (you can often get a free half hour with a solicitor) to see if what you agreed to was fair, and if it was then when you begin the divorce you can begin to get your agreement finalised by the court... then you can begin to have the agreement enforced, which you can't do with your current arangement.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11