A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

to mediate or stay put!!!

  • fish6
  • fish6's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
15 May 08 #22551 by fish6
Topic started by fish6
i'm in a bit of a quandry x and me still talking and both have said want to try and sort out finances ourselves then go and get things legalised with mediator/solicitors my problem is should i move out trusting x will deliver half of what i think i deserve from the house or sit tight and wait till the money in my hands ? bear in mind my x left me i'm stil in family home x and daughter with her family so safe and comfortable i think i'm putting myself at a huge risk taking on a 6month rent and letting them back in the house cause the pressure will be off and no urgency will be to finalise things please let me know if any of you can point me in the right direction as i dont want for things to get nasty allbeit i will not be walked on any more thanks

  • welshcat1960
  • welshcat1960's Avatar
  • New Member
  • New Member
15 May 08 #22568 by welshcat1960
Reply from welshcat1960
How old is your daughter? Any reason why she can't be with you in fh? Better for you to stay put, but if your daughter young enough and your x goes to court, she will probably get fh and you have to move out, and you don't neccesarily get half, usually 60/40 the 60% for the parent with care. If sold would there be enough left in the 'pot' for you both to buy a property. My brother going through it now, but he's lucky fh sold and enogh for both parties to buy another property

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11