A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

refusing to give detail

  • princess21
  • princess21's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
20 Sep 10 #225627 by princess21
Topic started by princess21
Hi everyone !

Pls can someone help ? My ex & I are currently going through mediation, at our last app my ex has refused to give any financial details relating to his current partner with whom he is living with, is he allowed not to do this ? I thought the whole idea of mediation was that both parties had to be honest and provide all relevant info !!

  • eyes on horizon
  • eyes on horizon's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
20 Sep 10 #225632 by eyes on horizon
Reply from eyes on horizon
is he living with her? assume so, then he only really has to give an estimate of income/asset. Her income isnt there to subsidise his, only to show what she is contributing to the household/mortgage etc;

As with form E this only has to be what he knows or estimates. He does not have to produce bank statements etc for 3rd parties.

  • divorcegirl
  • divorcegirl's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
21 Sep 10 #225713 by divorcegirl
Reply from divorcegirl
The judge may order him to use his best endeavors to provide the info but if she won't tell him all he can say is don't know.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11