A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

wont use mediation and is spending deliberately

  • medion1
  • medion1's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
22 Oct 10 #230781 by medion1
Topic started by medion1
is there anything I can do /should do register. My wife who does not work, is refusing to go to mediation and is adamant that I will lose so on her claim for house. so therefore she is taking some form of delight in not going to mediation to keep costs lower. She also knows this will be a long process and is for some reason deliberately spending all our savings. Is there any way I can freeze all or some of our savings and will it be taken into consideration that she is doing this deliberately if we do end up going all the way through the courts to settle financial matters. Thanks

  • hawaythelads
  • hawaythelads's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
23 Oct 10 #230790 by hawaythelads
Reply from hawaythelads
If the savings are in a joint account get it frozen by the bank/building society.
If the savings are in her sole name you're a bit stuffed.
You can bring it up after the event but sometimes it just gets passed over by the courts.
All the best

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11