A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

mediation costs

  • dermot49
  • dermot49's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
01 Feb 11 #249109 by dermot49
Topic started by dermot49
i intend to go for a contact order as the litigant as my wife is refusing overnight stays for my kids. i have no money to pay for mediation. how id this viewed by the court if i cant pay for it? i have 1000 in savings and pay 500 informally to wife she gets 1100 per month i get 1800 and we have two kids 10 and 8. i have to pay for flat etc

  • TBagpuss
  • TBagpuss's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
02 Feb 11 #249160 by TBagpuss
Reply from TBagpuss
You may be eligable for Legal Help to pay for the costs of the mediation.

Legal Help eligibility takes into account your housing costs (subject to a cap) and the amounts you pay in maintenance, and £1,000 is below the savings cap.

If you are entitled to legal help you are also likely to be eligable (fincially) for public funding if matters have to then go to court.

If not, do still speak to a mediator - the costs may be lower than you think, and the initial assesment of suitability, and discussions about fees, are generally free.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11