A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

form F1

  • tinkerbell1606
  • tinkerbell1606's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
24 May 11 #269736 by tinkerbell1606
Topic started by tinkerbell1606
stbx solicitor has sent letter to mine asking for our grounds for not attending mediation.My sol. wants to write back saying I obtained a non molestation order in 2009, which I did, however stbx and I are still living under the same roof whilst he waits for his flat to complete.
I feel that this will inflame an already difficult situation, and am not sure what to do?:unsure:
We have attended relate in the past and he even got aggressive there on one occaision. We went for three lots of sessions, and he could not sustain any changes, hence the breakdown of the marriage. Currently we are barely communicating (because I have finally grown a set, and am divorcing him, and have applied for 1st appt)
Any advice wikipeeps?

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
25 May 11 #269767 by dukey
Reply from dukey
A non molest order from 2009 is hardly relevant if you are living together, could you attend mediation and just grin and bear it, if it works it will save you a shed load of money not to mention time and of course stress.

This is a fairly new system and as yet i don`t know how court view refusal to mediate, the FM1 is not a problem, if you refuse to mediate your ex will receive FM1 and can apply to court.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11