A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

I have to go to mediation for our finantial settle

  • leilaharper
  • leilaharper's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
09 Jun 11 #272319 by leilaharper
Topic started by leilaharper
i have to go to mediation for finantial settlement. my ex wants the majority of the house as he has our daughter, and say's he needs it for his and her housing needs. He does not have custody, i'ts her choice, she is 15. I feel I deserve half. We have been seperated for 4 years he has not lived in the house for 2 years, he lives with his girlfriend.
Am i entitled to half?
Any advice please?

  • ditchedagain11
  • ditchedagain11's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
09 Jun 11 #272325 by ditchedagain11
Reply from ditchedagain11
This is the whole purpose of mediation - to try and agree the asset split. I think that due to the fact he has been residing at his gf's house for over 2 years (assume with your daughter) but he is the PWC the split is likely to be more equal in regards to the FMH. Are you living in there at present? Who is paying the mortgage? Whats your length of marriage? Are both incomes roughly the same? These are factors to consider in answering your question fully. If this went to court the child is still under 18 and their needs must be considered number 1.

Seing as your daughter is 18 in 3 years maybe you could both come to an agreement whereby your ex stays in the FMH till then, and buys you out, or it sells and a equity split agreed. Just an idea. Its all about trying to come to an agreement with mediation...its much better if you can get it to work and far cheaper long term

I do hope you get this sorted out

Kind Regards

  • leilaharper
  • leilaharper's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
09 Jun 11 #272331 by leilaharper
Reply from leilaharper
Thank you.
He has not paid the mortgage in 2 years. there are loads of arrears. I do not live there, he has been renting it out.
I pay maintainence, and need to re house myself.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11