A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Who do I complain about mediation to?

  • bella70
  • bella70's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
08 Aug 11 #281894 by bella70
Topic started by bella70
Hi everyone.

mediation has been the bain of my life for the last 6 months. Its been extremely costly...(and I;ve had to pay £164.00 + v.a.t. for 3 sessions...per session), unproductive, has made things even more unamicable between me and my ex, the mediator was rude, got important things mixed up, contacdicting, unempathic and so forth......
If I want to complain about the service given I would have to complian to the Director of the company....who happens to be mine and my ex's mediator!!!
Do any of you lovely people know if these mediation services have to register with a central organisation bit like an Onbudsman? There must be codes of practice that they abide to???
Thank you

  • Forseti
  • Forseti's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
08 Aug 11 #281967 by Forseti
Reply from Forseti
Check that they are accredited with the Ministry of Justice.

The mediator should have given you a copy of their complaints procedure before starting mediation. You will have to use and exhaust their complaints procedure first before contacting whichever professional body they belong to.

The Family mediation Council has a code of practice here: www.familymediationcouncil.org.uk/resources/CodePrac+090910.pdf

  • bella70
  • bella70's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
09 Aug 11 #281998 by bella70
Reply from bella70
Thanks. Im will look into this.
I think the company know that I will be complaining, the problem is our actual mediator...who is the one I want to complain about...is happens to be the director of the services, so I'm looking to go over his head.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11