A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • Action
  • Action's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
05 Sep 11 #286398 by Action
Topic started by Action
We've already had our mediation assessment meeting and I've had a call to arrange the first session. I was told at assessment meeting that it's best to take completed form E and I think my husband has arranged the date with it in mind that his will be completed by then. I would like to suggest that we exchange our Form E prior to the first session - is this reasonable? I don't want to be spending all that money in mediation just to try to work out his paperwork and likely scams for stitching me up. Would it be best to get our Form E sworn at this stage or just prior to making a settlement?

Hope someone can help.

  • Action
  • Action's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
08 Sep 11 #286863 by Action
Reply from Action
Just bumping this up. Any advice gratefully received.

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
09 Sep 11 #286948 by hadenoughnow
Reply from hadenoughnow

As far as I know, there is no need to get the form E sworn if you are going through mediation. At this stage it is voluntary disclosure.
You could ask to have it in advance of the session - it would be sensible for you both to be prepared. The main thing though is that the mediator has a change to see the figures and can help you to work out your needs and priorities and how they can be funded from the available pot.
If you can agree a settlement at mediation and go for a Consent Order then you need to fill in a limited disclosure form ... D81 (?). The full form E is only used officially where there is no agreement and the courts get involved.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11