A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Mediation and ancillary relief application

  • inlove
  • inlove's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
26 Jun 08 #28908 by inlove
Topic started by inlove
My husband and I have an initial app w a mediator in two weeks time. I do not believe he will keep the app or agree to mediators suggestions if he does.
Is there any reason I can't file the first form applying for ancillary relief at the same time we are engaged in mediation? Will it appear to be bad faith on my part? He has delayed and delayed the process and I can't financially afford any more delays.
Also does anyone know if I really need a solicitor to file the initial form? It looks rather simple to me.
Any advice would be appreciated.

  • D L
  • D L's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
26 Jun 08 #28916 by D L
Reply from D L
Hi there

There is nothing stopping you issuing a Form A if that is what you feel is best in the circumstances of your case.

You don't need a solicitor to complete it for you - it is a very straight forward from - just remember though that it is his name and address that goes in the top left box, not yours!


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11