A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

last mediation soon??????

  • soobee
  • soobee's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
23 Oct 11 #294080 by soobee
Topic started by soobee
hi got last mediatin session week on friday..need to either agree on settlement or hand it over to solicitors..stbx wants half of every thing but 60%of his pension ...wud gladly agree to this if he signs house over to me...any views please
1)married over 25yrs
2)3 kids all over 21yrs
3)im 46yrs
4)hes 49yrs
5)i earn 12k
6)he earns 60k plus
house worth 260k
mort on house 87k
savings of 25k joint
hes hidden an extra 26k
hes helping his girlfriend out by buying her food .giving her money etc....
im broke as still paying mort and rent...his pension worth 600k and i havnt got one as we were always going to use his ...i worked at trying to save marriage for over 9yrs while he just couldnt be bothered.... any advice gratefully recieved.....soobee

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
23 Oct 11 #294088 by hadenoughnow
Reply from hadenoughnow

wrote a long reply which got eaten!

In a nutshell, the first and most important thing here is need.

You need a 1-2 bed house; so does he. What will that cost, how will it be paid for from the pot?

You need an income: so does he. Could you earn more? Is SM an option with such disparity in earnings? Or would you rather manage on your income but with a larger share of the equity to capitalise SM and go for a Clean Break?

Income in retirement: This is a substantial pension. A 50:50 split would be appropriate after such a long marriage. You may want to negotiate a smaller share in return for more equity but I would not go without a share altogether.


  • soobee
  • soobee's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
23 Oct 11 #294106 by soobee
Reply from soobee
hi would like to earn more but cant in my job..work as lsa in speacial needs school..wanted too retrain several years ago went bk to uni which i had not to pay for myself..stbx never wanted me to be high earner as he liked me being the little woman....jobs not easy to find now ...id be happy to accept less pension in order to have higher share in the house...think im gona need sm in order to survive....thank you for your reply will take what you have said on board

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11