A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Ok, so if he really won''t come to mediation..

  • dormouse
  • dormouse's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
30 Jan 12 #309344 by dormouse
Topic started by dormouse
....will he come to court?

1. Can the court force him to attend?

2. And how expensive will it be? I want a Clean Break settlement and the childcare has been agreed (total access to one daughter - he just doesn''t call/visit/write).

3.The CSA are chasing him for maintenance and we have a house with no equity. So the maths won''t take long.

4.Will this be over soon ?

Sorry to harp on, but this seems to be the only way to stop myself from yelling down the phone at him.

  • LittleMrMike
  • LittleMrMike's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
31 Jan 12 #309458 by LittleMrMike
Reply from LittleMrMike
Dormouse, no. He can''t be forced to attend mediation. He can''t be prevented from acting like a complete idiot.

Don''t worry about the CSA ( don''t know whether it should be CMEC but you know what I mean ). The Courts have no jurisdiction so you are wasting everyone''s time trying to bring it up in Court.
Leave that to the CSA.

If he insists on playing silly beggars you have to go to Court. There is no alternative, as a certain someone used to say. He''s a damn fool if he does not come, because the Court only hears your side of the story .

And if you have incurred avoidable expense due his silly tricks, ask for an order for him to reimburse you. You might not get it, but I''d ask.


  • dormouse
  • dormouse's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
31 Jan 12 #309460 by dormouse
Reply from dormouse
LMM - thanks for this. You are keeping me sane :)

I shall just keep on the path and get to the end...it is great to have this advice.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11