A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • PhoebeBlue
  • PhoebeBlue's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
19 May 12 #331685 by PhoebeBlue
Topic started by PhoebeBlue
My husband and I are due to attend our 2nd mediation meeting on the 29th. I know my husband is dragging his feet. We live in the same house and have done since separating 5 months ago. It''s intolerable!! My main objective is to sort out living arrangements. How long should I give him???How many sessions???? I know for a fact he''s being as difficult as he can be and fear we could be in this position for many more months. Six weeks over the summer in the same house - arghhhhhh!!!! Any ideas / advice??:S

  • MrsMathsisfun
  • MrsMathsisfun's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
20 May 12 #331743 by MrsMathsisfun
Reply from MrsMathsisfun
From your previous post it seems that your ex doesnt want to move out.

If it is you who wants the divorce then I can see why he is dragging his feet.

Why should he move out of his home unless he know that he will be able to afford to live elsewhere?

Legally the only way he can be forced to move out is by a court.

What reassurance can you offer him that by leaving, he will be provided with money to purchase his own property and that he will see as much of his children as he wants.

Think you need to be prepared for this situation to go on for a while yet, unless your prepared to be the one who moves out.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11