A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

another Question Re Mediation & settlement

  • Topflight
  • Topflight's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
22 Aug 12 #351081 by Topflight
Topic started by Topflight
Just wondered, do the courts take into account your current living circumstances, ie there are no children of the marriage, but now lives with new partner who has children?:huh:

  • TBagpuss
  • TBagpuss's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
22 Aug 12 #351089 by TBagpuss
Reply from TBagpuss
cohabitation is relevent as it is assumed that your day to day costs will be lower if you are living with someone, as you will only be paying 50% of household bills, council tax etc. However, unless you remarry, they are given only limited weight as the relationship could end at any time and the new partner would have no obligation to provide any support if it did.

A choice to support a new partner or partners children is just that; a lifestyle choice, and those outgoings do not take priority iover responsibilities to spouse /former spouse

  • Topflight
  • Topflight's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
22 Aug 12 #351156 by Topflight
Reply from Topflight
What if he had parental resonsibility? would that make a difference?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.