A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

separation and assets

  • ssoria
  • ssoria's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
27 Jul 08 #35683 by ssoria
Topic started by ssoria
what happens after mediation if husband fails to provide his full assets. How about if he has transferred his assets to his family names. Can I change from divorce to separation later stage.or have i to tell my solicitor now that I want a separation instead of divorce. who pays mortgage after separation? and what are my rights after separation

  • redoctober
  • redoctober's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
29 Jul 08 #36126 by redoctober
Reply from redoctober
Hi ssoria,

There are a lot of questions here
- if someone does not reveal their full assets, you can go down the court route and have them fill in a financial disclosure document called form E
- all transferred assets have to be accounted for
- you can change your mind at any time in proceedings, but it is better to know what you are doing
- who pays the mortgage : the person(s) who is/are responsible for it and have signed the mortgage deals
- what are your rights after separation - don't know that one

Red XX

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11