A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

He refused mediation, now he’s furious re FHDRA

  • blacktulip
  • blacktulip's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
10 Aug 19 #508994 by blacktulip
Topic started by blacktulip
I tried for months and months to get him to come to mediation with me. Explained how upset I was that his refusal meant the court deciding on our children.

I’ve suggested countless times he speak to someone even if it’s just to understand the divorce processes.

Then BANG. He received a court letter re the FHDRA and he’s livid with me. Court making decisions on our family. It’s all my fault. The safeguarding call. The lot.

All I could say was that “I told you so, and that is why I wanted us to go to mediation”.

Sorry about posting. Just needed someone to talk to. Someone to listen :( :( :(

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11