A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

MIAM - Divorce Financial application

  • chunachuni
  • chunachuni's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
20 Nov 20 #514836 by chunachuni
Topic started by chunachuni

I am victim of domestic abuse, court findings (we had 2 days Fact Finding hearing) were my ex is Perpetrators and Domestic Violent towards me. Court advised my ex to attend "Anger Management" and "Domestic Abuse Perpetrators" courses, it is written in court order.

I will be submitting "Financial Application" soon, may I ask if I can be exempted from MIAM (mediation) as I am victim of domestic abuse.

Do I need a separate form for applying exemption from MIAM?

Please advise.
Thanks in advance.

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
22 Nov 20 #514858 by hadenoughnow
Reply from hadenoughnow
No you don't need a separate form. Just tick the exemption box on the Form A and be prepared to provide evidence at the first hearing if needed.

Depending on your financial position you may be able to get legal aid if you have evidence of domestic abuse.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11