A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • jenny3569
  • jenny3569's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
18 Nov 07 #6941 by jenny3569
Topic started by jenny3569
Only discovered this site today!Have my Decree Nisi but my solicitor insists that we have a fincial settlement before applying for absolute. My problem is that my nearly ex has bought a flat some 120 miles away from the family home where i am still living. He insists on returning here every couple of weeks -mainly to see our sons (both adults),while he is here he just walks into my bedrom and uses the ensuite bathroom maintaining that it is "ours" not just mine. he still pays allt he bills etc., so i feel very vulnerable. I think his behaviour is unreasonable and it has been suggested that i obtain an injunction preventing him from returning home. Has anyone any advice to offer me, plaese!

  • IKNOWNOW's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
21 Nov 07 #7283 by IKNOWNOW
Reply from IKNOWNOW
i am in a similar position, in that my x2b no longer lives in the marital home and was still coming into the house whenever he felt like it. These are my thoughts and should be taken as such. Even if you are divorced, if your x husband is on the deeds and mortgage of the house and no financial settlement has been reached i don't think the fact that you have your absolute would make any difference to him being allowed in to the former marital home. It will be the financial agreement that will stop that. On that point though until you have the absolute the financial settlement doesn't take effect. The law cannot stop him coming into the house, but your solicitor could write to him with your concerns about his behaviour. There is a thing called an Occupancy Order but it is costly and i am not sure whether a judge would deem it suitable in your case, as there is no physical threat to you or yours. I know the law stinks and if you get to know my story you will find out why i hold this belief, but i won't go there now. I would suggest you raise the issue again with your solicitor and see what they suggest. Hope my waffle has provided you with a least some insight, sorry it probably isn't what you want to hear.

  • jenny3569
  • jenny3569's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
21 Nov 07 #7292 by jenny3569
Reply from jenny3569
Thanks for the advice -I rather thought that this would be the case. Think he does it just because he CAN! Hopefully we will have financial settlement after going to court in January - but that's an experience I'm not looking forward to. He says I don't need as much money as he does as the next man in my life will keep me!! what an MCP.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.