A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Consent order following mediation

  • kuntakinte
  • kuntakinte's Avatar
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
09 Jan 09 #77413 by kuntakinte
Reply from kuntakinte
:blink:I would also like an answer to this query?
As D 81 is the order 1/ If its ready and we both agree it between us do you still need to state your intention to apply for CO/CBO ( I am at Decree Nisi stage)
2/ Does any other info or papers need to be submitted with D81?
3/ If my pension is not being claimed by STBX do I leave blank and refer to the agreed lump sum payment in CO?
4/ If I am the higher earner and have agreed to make monthly payments for a fixed term should that be put into the Clean Break with dates?
5/ Basically is this the only way we can get our agreed settlement legal ( we have no children, no joint assets and have agreed a fair settlement we think that supports the lower earner/ability to earn) Do you think the court will see it this way?

grateful in advance!!:silly:

  • Young again
  • Young again's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
09 Jan 09 #77425 by Young again
Reply from Young again
Hi Kuntakinte,

By CO do you mean Consent Order and what is CBO?

If you are making monthly payments you won't be getting a 'Clean Break'.

You put down all the financial details in the D81 and detail your agreed split in the Consent Order, ie the pension goes in.

You have no joint assets? Really?

If you are married and you have an asset I think it's fair to assume that it is 'joint' unless proven otherwise, especially in a long marriage.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11