A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Pension verse capital

  • bob.sharp
  • bob.sharp's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
02 Jan 08 #9836 by bob.sharp
Topic started by bob.sharp
I am trying to find out how pension and captial such as a house are viewed. My pension are the same as the house value. I was going to keep the pensions and the wife the the house however i have been told that pensions are not calcuated the same as capital in a house, is there anyway i can find guidance or a calculation.

  • Peter@BDM
  • Peter@BDM's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
20 Jan 08 #11256 by Peter@BDM
Reply from Peter@BDM
May I suggest that you try re-posting this in the financial forum? You might get more help there from people who wouldn’t necessarily look in the mediation forum.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11