A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • KJS
  • KJS's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
15 Jan 08 #10760 by KJS
Topic started by KJS
Please help been living with my husband since 2000, been married since 2002, we have two children but there are five children altogether I had 3 previously. My husband moved into my house and the mortgage is in my name. He has hit my eldest child who was 16 at the time twice and we are now about to enter into divorce proceedings. My fear is that he will snatch the two children and take them back to Africa as he is stating that he wont leave unless he has his children. He works long hours and only spends about 6 hours a week with them. All the children fear him. He is now stating he will not pay for the mortgage anymore and I dont work or have any means to pay for this I cant get legal aid because there is too much equity in the house. Pl:( ease advise me on what action I should take first. KJS:(

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.