A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Decree nisi pronouncement differs from certificate

  • unhappyone
  • unhappyone's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
22 Jun 12 #338506 by unhappyone
Topic started by unhappyone
I am the Respondent in my forthcoming divorce. A few weeks ago I received a letter from the courts giving details for the pronouncement of the Decree Nisi and an order for the Petitioner to pay the Respondents costs. Having nothing to oppose (as in the order) I waited for the ''certificate of entitlement'' to arrive, which it duly did. However, the certificate states that the Respondent is to pay the Petitioner''s cost; this was done without notifying me of the change thereby removing my opportunity to oppose it. Can the court simply make this change and I have to accept it? If not what should I do, I am currently receiving legal assistance (legal aid) and hope to get public funding where necessary.

Having reread this forums sub-category I think my post may be in the wrong section, if so please advise which I should use, Thanks.

  • maisymoos
  • maisymoos's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
23 Jun 12 #338579 by maisymoos
Reply from maisymoos

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.