A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Delaying tactics?

  • Fed up Dad
  • Fed up Dad's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
15 May 15 #461412 by Fed up Dad
Topic started by Fed up Dad
I have not heard from my STBX''s solicitor since 26th January despite sending two chaser e-mails. The second one directly asking him if he was still representing her. No response.
Decree Nisi was pronounced in court on 17th April.
I have been contacted by an IFA regarding my pensions and I gave them authority about 4 weeks ago to obtain pension values.
The suggested agreement to be included in the Clean Break was for me to provide my STBX with an agreed settlement from the property by end of October. Her solicitor never wanted me to keep the house. He was trying to get her to force the sale until she took control and told him she wanted me to keep it for the sake of the kids.

I am now concerned that he is deliberately stalling matters to such an extent that it will be near on impossible for me to provide a settlement by the 31st October and so he will get her to force the sale.

What I cannot understand is why the property cannot be transferred now so she has her money in exchange of signing the transfer of deeds form. Surely if we have both agreed the cash value, a judge will approve that anyway? I am agreeing to 50% pension sharing so both our pots are level.

It is just unfortunate that her solicitor is an Absolute arse to deal with and only interested in lining his own pocket for his next exclusive holiday. He isn''t interested in what she gets out of all of this. The longer it goes on, the more she pays.
I was hoping that by 4th June, the absolute would have been through, Clean Break endorsed by the judge and house transferred into my name in August. I doubt any of that will happen as planned

  • SuperStepDad
  • SuperStepDad's Avatar
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
19 May 15 #461678 by SuperStepDad
Reply from SuperStepDad
Court dates focus minds. Sol probably not been paid then, or not on record. A common trick.

Go ahead and make an application, or draft it and send them the application. Reply by in 14 days or I will apply for this

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11