A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

divorce,changed my mind

  • pixie
  • pixie's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
13 Oct 07 #4681 by pixie
Topic started by pixie
Hi, I recently started divorce proceedings (nothing gone to court yet)but have changed my mind and want sep agreement insted as agreed with my ex, can i stop the divorce proceedings.

  • LittleMrMike
  • LittleMrMike's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
13 Oct 07 #4687 by LittleMrMike
Reply from LittleMrMike
You can always withdraw a petition, of course, but most people do that because they want to be like Frank Sinatra and let me try again. But to follow it by a Separation Agreement - well it leaves you still in holy matrimony, so neither of you is free to marry. I'm not sure what advantage you get out of a separation agreement, unless, of course, you want to leave the door open for a possible resumption of marital relations. It would probably be sensible to review your wills in any event.

Mike 100468

  • pixie
  • pixie's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
14 Oct 07 #4688 by pixie
Reply from pixie
Hi. Mike,
I dont want him back, its nothing like that, just a bit too soon realy for divorce I think. A sep agreement will just put my mind at rest for a while untill I feel strong enough for this divorce.
Thanks Pixie :)

  • gone1
  • gone1's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
15 Oct 07 #4719 by gone1
Reply from gone1
That makes sense I suppose. Divorce is a bad place to be and if your not ready then I suppose a sep deed is just the ticket. This can be carried into divorce and made into an order or just binned when the time comes. Seperation also allows time to adjust to life without each other. Not divorcing just delays moving on in your head so its a 2 edged sword. Chris

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.