A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Solicitor advising against FRO

  • Tiana
  • Tiana's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
20 Apr 16 #477181 by Tiana
Topic started by Tiana
My STBX''s solicitor has advised my STBX to have a transfer payment paid into a different bank account to what our Court Order specifically mentioned (after which a split will apply).
I am worried that this could lead to some money going astray.
How can a solicitor advise his client to effectively breach a Court Order?
Should I be concerned?

  • LittleMrMike
  • LittleMrMike's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
23 Apr 16 #477340 by LittleMrMike
Reply from LittleMrMike
Seems odd to me, but the obvious first step is to ask for the reason
for the request.


  • Tiana
  • Tiana's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
24 Apr 16 #477393 by Tiana
Reply from Tiana
Apparently it''s to save him the cost of a bank transfer. The correspondance with his solicitor on this subject would have already cost him more than a bank transfer!
The Order says specifically that the money should be paid into the solicitor''s account for splitting and distribution but my STBX''s solicitor advised him to have it paid directly to my STBX''s personal bank account and do the split instead himself (!).
I am very surprised that a solicitor would advise his client to act against the Order. Is this normal practise?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11