A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Court order wrong

  • Sherara
  • Sherara's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
12 Jun 16 #479724 by Sherara
Topic started by Sherara
I would appreciate your help in this dilemma. The solicitor drew the court order giving the wrong sum and order already sealed by court. Is it final and concrete? Or it could be rectified and how to rectify it? Thank you. Sherara

  • .Charles
  • .Charles's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
13 Jun 16 #479770 by .Charles
Reply from .Charles
If the wording does not reflect the agreement reached it can be amended. You should give notice to the court and solicitor without delay. If the solicitor caused the error they should take steps to rectify this.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11