A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Representing myself - stbx's solicitor ignoring me

  • SotonBabe
  • SotonBabe's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
30 Sep 16 #484202 by SotonBabe
Topic started by SotonBabe
I'm only using a solicitor for adhoc advice, so representing myself. I just need to know what I should expect from my husband's solicitor, as they are refusing to communicate with me at all now. Started ok with letters to me and Decree Nisi was sorted. Started the financial Consent Order process in March 16 and husband's solicitor just stopped communicating with me at all, I didn't even see a copy of what they sent to the courts. They apparently received a letter back from the judge with a query over the consent order, in April 16, but I've never seen a copy of it and all my emails to my husband's solicitor and senior partner of the firm have been ignored. As I don't have a solicitor representing me, shouldn't they been sending me correspondence direct? I'm getting really angry as the original solicitor has been replaced, as she didn't do anything with the judge's letter and the paperwork has been "lost" according to my husband......but then do I trust what he says either?????? What should I do next?

  • jules68
  • jules68's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
13 Oct 16 #484601 by jules68
Reply from jules68
Hi Sotonbabe

sorry to hear your going through this ,I'm not really the best person to offer advise there are some fantastic people on here that have helped me over the last four years, so stick with the site.... I'm guessing because you don't have a solicitor they feel they don't have to contact you or share paper work but they do if you are representing your self
I would write to his solicitor and ask for all correspondences (copies) you don't necessarily need a solicitor to represent you, but get as much information as you can books on line and others on this site that have self represented they should be able to help ....even though I'm divorced I still go on to the site ...I wish you all luck my lovely... it want be easy but stay strong and look after yourself. ...from one Sotonbabe to another


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11