A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

What further action to take against ex's solicitor

  • Mon14
  • Mon14's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
27 Oct 16 #485139 by Mon14
Topic started by Mon14
I am at my wit's end. My house sold in April 2016 and I am still waiting for the house sale proceeds to be distributed.

My ex's solicitor has took it upon herself to execute the Consent Order to the nth degree and has also miscalculated the monies owed to me.

I have had to get my own solicitor on board with this incurring extra financial costs and clearly there is also interest arising from the house sale proceeds.

As she isn't my solicitor, I have raised an official complaint to the SRA who at first rejected my complaint but when I complained further and gave additional info, they have changed tack as I quoted back their own principles to them as in a solicitor withholding money for no reason.

I cannot believe 6 months have gone by without action from this appalling and unprofessional person!

What else can I do? If anyone has further advice, I would be really grateful!

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11