A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • Dotti6157
  • Dotti6157's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
04 Feb 17 #488458 by Dotti6157
Topic started by Dotti6157
As I have posted before I have already paid £9641 to a collaborative lawyer.
We have exchanged form 'E' with each other and I have filled out a questions and answers form that my solicitor has sent to me that she says comes from my wifes solicitor. But now my solicitor lady is saying that she can do no more work unless I lodge another £5000 for future costs. Can I at this stage change solicitors and come to Wikivorce or am I barking mad

  • WYSPECIAL's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
05 Feb 17 #488465 by WYSPECIAL
Reply from WYSPECIAL
If you no longer want their services you will need to ask for your final bill and pay them for the work they have done.

Have you asked what further work they anticipate for that amount of money? Obviously they know the details of your case so must be basing it on something?

  • .Charles
  • .Charles's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
06 Feb 17 #488522 by .Charles
Reply from .Charles
It is worth mentioning that the collaborative process requires two lawyers, one for each party. This site, as far as I am aware, does not offer a collaborative service.


  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
06 Feb 17 #488523 by dukey
Reply from dukey
I think your right Charles wiki does not offer that service (could be wrong).

But if you and your wife have now agreed a settlement then you could just use the standard Consent Order service, costs £259 i think plus a court fee of £50.

If you have not agreed then costs will be what they will be, seems as though you have spent loads just to get to the questionnaire stage.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11