A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Problems with solicitors

  • SLK230
  • SLK230's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
31 Jan 18 #499194 by SLK230
Topic started by SLK230
I’m half way through divorce proceedings and using a solicitor in Huddersfield recommended from this site, but they have a permanent answer phone and not replying to my emails or messages.
I’m concerned as I sent my marriage certificate by registered post but haven’t had acknowledgment of receipt.
Not sure what to do next.

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
31 Jan 18 #499195 by hadenoughnow
Reply from hadenoughnow
Can you track it using the PO tracking service and the numb er on the receipt?

If you are having any problems with a service offered in association with this site, please give the helpline a ring.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11