A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

My stbe wont respond

  • Lindsbil
  • Lindsbil's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
06 Oct 19 #509909 by Lindsbil
Topic started by Lindsbil
I am right at the start of the process- but I have appointed a solicitor and she has requested a number of documents (relating to his business and properties he owns- all bought whilst married) from my husband. He is not willing to provide any of this information and is adamant that he wont.

I earn a similar salary to him and have a pension, the properties he has bought were his "pension"

I think the properties and my pension will potentially cancel each other out? But until the figures are there how do I know? I am a teacher so my earnings are very transparent, I have nothing to hide. He is self employed and is "cash rich".

We are still living under the same roof and he will not discuss finances with me, without becoming irate.

What will be the next steps?

I would just like a fair outcome


  • Under60
  • Under60's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
06 Oct 19 #509910 by Under60
Reply from Under60
If you agree things between yourselves it’s fine and draw up a Consent Order accordingly.
If you think the ex has more or things hidden then the only way is the court route when he HAS to disclose things.
The court route is very expensive and time consuming.
If you have an idea yourself of what you would be happy with to move on independently then I would aim for that.
By going to court you are depleting the pot.
A solicitor is just trying to find out how much the pot is worth.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11