A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Freedom of information with UK Solicitors

  • numpy123
  • numpy123's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
30 Oct 19 #510225 by numpy123
Topic started by numpy123
Hello folks,

I recently signed an occupation order so my wife could stay in our house with the kids alongside some undertakings as part of her request to separate.

I wondered if I am able under UK law to request any information on me from my wife's (the applicant) solicitor as part of the freedom of info act? Not sure what I would do with it but I am not a comfortable with a file being held on me by a third party likely containing personal information.

In addition my wife has started involving a third party counselling service and its my understanding they are also working with our kids and I am keen to learn whats happening here but my wife (whom I love and respect) is unwilling to divulge, I don't want to ask the kids as that's unfair on them but really want to learn whats happening. I am going on a course tomorrow for the 'Anxious Child' as I can see some changes in our kids as a result of the separation and so want to be abreast of the organisations involved. I have parental responsibility so want to engage with their support too.

Anyone got any experience here?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11