A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

SYBX solictor

  • VeeCee
  • VeeCee's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
02 May 20 - 02 May 20 #512273 by VeeCee
Topic started by VeeCee
My STBX solicitor ( this is his second one ) is constantly asking for my medical records , they have had them 3 times including letters from my GP and my Renal Consultant, I've applied a second time for pip and she is now demanding to see the application form as she has told my solicitor she fears I am sabotaging my answers so not to be awarded anything

My argument is pip should not be used as a bargaining point as even if I do get awarded it can only be for 2yrs then I reapply, I got nothing on the first time , so with help from kidney care UK I reapplied after 12 months, something I didnt have to do , its not mandatory so why on earth would I sabotage the answers
I have the face to face over the phone so now awaiting the outcome

She also stated that her Mother gets pip so she doesn't know why I can't get it

My question is have I any redress to this accusations , is it slander I'm really quite cross and upset over this as its coming up to 2yrs since I initiated the divorce due to his violent temper out bursts and bullying behaviour
Thank you for reading ( cant edit the subject should read STBX)
Last edit: 02 May 20 by VeeCee. Reason: spelling

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
02 May 20 #512276 by hadenoughnow
Reply from hadenoughnow
If you are still not getting anywhere with financial settlement by negotiation, you may want to consider an application to court. Your stbx and the solicitor will then only be able ask for things that the court requires. If they are unreasonable in their requests, you can ask the judge for directions.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11