A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

NEW Divorce and separation bill ETA

  • IndianWife
  • IndianWife's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
05 May 20 #512298 by IndianWife
Topic started by IndianWife
i left husband with 2 children ( age 4 , age 8 ).
would like no fault divorce.
talking to online divorce company they say Law will not be passed for many years.

Relying on this law to get amicable divorce.
spouse not talking to me, but may agree to 2 year separation.
but i want ASAP.


  • Vigorate
  • Vigorate's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
06 May 20 #512317 by Vigorate
Reply from Vigorate
2 years separation is the only option for a no-fault divorce at the moment. After the 2 years is up, the Respondent still has to provide consent when signing the acknowledgement of service.

If they do not consent, the only option is to wait another 3 years (5 years separation) or divorce on the basis of unreasonable behavior.

If you want a divorce asap, I would suggest divorce through the unreasonable behavior route, nobody else outside the case will see the reasons and they are seldom contested. If you wait 2 years, there is a risk the other side will not provide consent then you are back where you started!

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11