A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Form E questions

  • Mitzies
  • Mitzies's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
28 Jun 21 #517135 by Mitzies
Topic started by Mitzies
Hi my stbx has filed his form E but omitted to put in £15,000 he inherited. I have a letter of the solicitors which states he received it but the solicitor is now saying that it hasnt been agreed that he did.
If the form E is signed by both the stbx and the solicitor are they in breach of midconduct in court?
The solicitor agreed for some documents to go in the bundle for the FDA hearing which actually stated that he had received the inheritance and this letter was from the solicitors along with 2 of mine which referred to the inheritance. 2 days before the hearing the solicitor pulled them out stating that as they said without prejudice they coud not be put in and although mine didnt have that on she pulled one of mine stating it referred to a letter which had without prejudice on. The FDA hearing was cancelled so I am now awaiting a date.
Can the solicitor pull documents?
Is there any case law on the pulling of documents espeically as mine did not have without prejudice on?
Is the solicitor in contempt of court if so can I do anything? can they be referred to anyone
Is my ex in contempt of court if so can I do anything?

Also my stbx has inherited part of his late fathers home which his mom remains living in. Although at the moment this is not a realisable asset can it be used in the financial settlement. My argument is that although in good health now unfortuantley now one can predict how long they will be healthy for. His solicitor is saying is will not be included.

Thank you for any help and support

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11