A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

D81 Form

  • He1620
  • He1620's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
19 Aug 21 #517500 by He1620
Topic started by He1620
I’m not sure if I’m in the correct category, but I received a D81 form from my ex husband, we divorced almost 2 years ago. I haven’t received any documents which state what I am signing and what the agreements are. He put his wages wrong on the form and has also stated that our son lives with both of us which he doesn’t, he lives with me. I have a few questions as i have no idea about these forms

Should there have been any more documents stating what i am agreeing to and what I’m actually signing?
Will it effect child maintenance? As it took two years for him to agree to pay for his son
Should i get my own solicitor?

He’s being very shady as he keeps saying he just wants me to sign it so he can send it off asap. He doesn’t want me to get my own solicitor “because they’re very expensive” and he’s said a few times that it wont effect CMS. He’s just saying it’s to agree that if either of us come into any money in the future then we can’t take it off each other. But i have no document to prove this is all it is.

Any advice is much appreciated as i have no clue what I’m doing! Thank you

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11