A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

withdrawing petition

  • zayka
  • zayka's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
24 Oct 07 #5227 by zayka
Topic started by zayka
My divorce has been going almost for 1 year already. My husband failed to return Acknowledgment of Service and the court satisfied that we served husband with the divorce proceedings. I have signed the Affidavit and application for direction for trial for undefended divorce. My husband has written the letter to court that he wants to defend the divorce and has got an answer that he needs to make an application and pay the fee. My solicitor knows nothing about it. She said that didnt get anything from court. I moved to Ukraine and now here it's very difficult for me manage divorce in England. I would like to withdraw my petition and start it in Ukraine because as seems to be a very long time in England if my husband is going to defend. My solicitor think that my husband can not defendbecause he didnt replay to the court in 14 days after receiving the divorce documents. I asked her many time how can I withdraw my petition, and she said that she doesnt know.
can you tell me how to withdraw my petition and does my husband need to agree it? I am taking Legal aid, do I need to pay anything for withdrawing? how long it usually takes?
Can my husband defend on this stage of divorce and how?
Thank's for everyone advice, I am lost and do not know where to find the answers.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.