A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

sol's letter ....bad news came good

  • topaz
  • topaz's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
03 Nov 07 #5818 by topaz
Topic started by topaz
:huh::ohmy:received a letter from my sol yesterday, invoice enclosed and sum to pay nearly £1,000. my heart skipped beats, I felt sick for hours.Finally got the courage and telephoned to query the bill.Well it was for information only, my sol had forgotten to stamp it as such,it was an interim statement showing what my fees had already been spent on.I wonder if I'll be billed for that phonecall.Pity I couldn't charge him for the headache it left me with which lasted all day!!:woohoo::laugh:

  • gaveitmebest
  • gaveitmebest's Avatar
  • New Member
  • New Member
05 Nov 07 #5918 by gaveitmebest
Reply from gaveitmebest
Hi, I have a 12 & 14 year old, my wife moved out about a year ago but still comes round everyday (been together for 16 years) She's started spending the night with a mutual "friend" of both of us (male) when she gets drunk. I really don't think she will move back in with us so I feel the best thing for the kids & I is to get divorced, she agrees & I think we can both agree on finances, kids etc does anyone know if I will have to go to court or is there an easy way to get divorced? I feel so lonely without her but she does'nt want to be with us anymore, so I'd rather be with someone that does.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11