A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • TMax
  • TMax's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
17 Nov 07 #6854 by TMax
Topic started by TMax
:angry:Ok some where I read a little on someone who had taken there soliciter to the board anyone know who it was or how I do it.

Story so far two years ago I got letter saying I have my decree aboslute, it also mentions it in my chronolgy, last night I sent an eamil to my sol asking what a "prayer of the petition" is, I found out myself in the end so didnt need them. Anyway in doing that the answer came back and according them in their return mail I do not have a Decree Absolute.

:angry:excuse me :ohmy:WTF you talking about, you mention it in my letter 2004 and chronolgy are you fmad, "silence ranes supreme" Ill have to check your file and get back to you your file is away at the moment. I bet it f/is, anyway no phone call came so I expect a sodding letter tomorrow probably. Sooooooo would you say that this is gross incompetance or is it me being too fick :blink:. where the hell do I go to test this water out:huh:

  • Camberwick green
  • Camberwick green's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
17 Nov 07 #6870 by Camberwick green
Reply from Camberwick green
Sorry cannot help you on this one, but thats just pants :(

Just when you think there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Chin up x

  • Specialdad
  • Specialdad's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
19 Nov 07 #7003 by Specialdad
Reply from Specialdad
A friend of mine had a similiar experience.

She thought the sol had sought ancillary relief as well as the divource absolute. She came to sell the house 10 years later and found that sol had not put papers in!!

Too late to sue sol as he died of heart attack while back.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.