A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

What can I do to stop mind games?

  • pink
  • pink's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
18 Nov 07 #6975 by pink
Topic started by pink
:(Can anyone help me please? I'm in the process of divorcing my husband (Decree Nisi stage at the mo!), but he keeps playing mind games, which I'm finding extremely upsetting! It's an ongoing problem! In the last hour, he's phoned up and is, yet again, drunk! He phones me to verbally abuse me! I'm now in such a state! Already been prescribed antidepressants (last year!) He's a heavy, secret drinker (used to hide empty whiskey and brandy bottles in workbag, garage, tool box, roll of carpet, work boots etc.)and I worry that he drinks during the very short time he has the kids each week! They wouldn't even know he was drinking! He's so experienced at hiding it, he knows all the tricks! He even adds it to coffee! I'm worried about their safety while they're with him! He's so unpredictable! What would happen if one of them needed medical help or to come home? He wouldn't be able to drive! Having said that, he does drive to and at work - sometimes lorries! He'll be doing that tomorrow! I've phoned the traffic police several times to warn them!

I'm just so scared! What can I do? Can I get a court order to say he can't see kids until he's stopped drinking and aggression?

Please help!

Jo x

  • sexysadie
  • sexysadie's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
18 Nov 07 #6978 by sexysadie
Reply from sexysadie
If the harassment continues, record his phone calls and go to court for a non-molestation order.

Not sure about what to do about drinking when he has the kids but others will know. it might depend on how old they are.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11