A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

What should be happening now

  • JustH
  • JustH's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
20 Nov 07 #7128 by JustH
Topic started by JustH
Advice gratefully received as I feel very vulnerable and at the mercy of my solicitor, and, as a previous post, being treated badly cos of legal aid

I filed for divorce on my solicitor's advice, as, though he left in June, he was stalling on taking action, according to her, for financial reasons- to hide money etc.

He has returned the papers to court and is not defending, but I now feel left high and dry as I don't feel like anything's happening.

What should I be asking for now.

He's a high earner- he has money from the sale of a joint second property sold 3 years ago which I stupidly let him put into his account- etc.etc

Have not applied to csa for child maintenance because I'm scared of rocking the boat- he's paying all the bills on the FMH for me and my daughter-14, also have a son 20 and have been married nearly 22 years

He comes round once a week and makes a big issue of giving me 100 pounds cash.

It feels like he's still controlling me

I don't work as never have-only part time at points in the past - but now care for my elderly parents, one disabled, as an only child

I feel like my life's over at 43 and have nobody to talk to

  • Soldierblue
  • Soldierblue's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
20 Nov 07 #7130 by Soldierblue
Reply from Soldierblue
Hi Juicymoon i am no sol but i think you should be looking at seeing your sol to file for ancilliary relief.

  • loobyloo
  • loobyloo's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 Nov 07 #7132 by loobyloo
Reply from loobyloo
hi juice
yes tell your sol to apply for interim maintainance and file for A/R as its a lengthy process... get ball rolling and gain some self esteem and confidence also indepedence
love looby x

  • Ruku
  • Ruku's Avatar
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
20 Nov 07 #7135 by Ruku
Reply from Ruku
Dont get too down, i was, going through ancillary relief , but do get as much
information for yourself, research, and have that confidence, you will definately
get your share, please cheer up, i have been so down at times, but please get the
ball rolling now, the longer it takes, the more complicated it becomes, so get on with it now, love ruku

  • JustH
  • JustH's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
20 Nov 07 #7138 by JustH
Reply from JustH
Thanks you two,

Have spoken to my sol to find out that they have a letter of 'proposals' from my husband

The main thing is that he has 28000 left of the 147000 from the sale of the second property. He is proposing 20000 to go to the mortgage and then 4000 each- I want all the 28000 and more cos I never had a say in it

Anger just eats me away

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11